Why attending the SightCare Conference is important
In our busy social media crazy world we often forget the importance of being in a live face-to-face setting with others from the independent optical community.Being active in your SightCare community can bring with it many benefits. There is power in being connected to like-minded independent ECPs, but it can also be easy to talk yourself out of committing to the SightCare conference year after year. Many people think that joining SightCare is enough, but to capitalize on the return on your investment you need to be engaged and participate in the workshops, events and conferences.
Here are five reasons to attend the SightCare Business & Networking Conference for Independent Opticians on 15th& 16th September 2019:
- Educational opportunities. No matter how experienced you are at your business, everyone can learn. Working in an independent practice can often be isolating, and without exposure to a variety of points of view, we can miss new ideas and trends that can impact future results. The educational aspect of the SightCare conference can expose you to new ways of conducting your business and help you discover how to be more productive.
- Networking with peers. The SightCare conference provides a great opportunity to network. Like-minded independent practice owners and their staff from other regions of the country can become valuable resources for referrals and best-practices. Avoiding peers for fear of others discovering your competitive advantage can limit your own success. Collaboration is the way to approach networking. While there are those whose intentions can be suspect, most people can help each other uncover ideas and spark inspiration when they get to know each other on a personal level.
- Encounter new suppliers. Too often people shy away from the exhibition hall at conferences. They fear that they will have to talk to salespeople, but these industry suppliers are some of the best people for you to get to know if you want to learn more about the current business climate. Discovering innovative products and services for your practice is necessary to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced world. Plus, the optical suppliers at the SightCare conference are all there to support the independent sector and fully grasp what is happening inside your competition. Invest time with the conference partners at the event and turn them into your friends and allies.
- Position yourself as an expert. When you are active in the independent optical sector, you can develop a reputation as an expert to your peers and your clients. Those who are engaged over the long term are often asked to speak at SightCare and other events and to write articles for their industry publications. Like it or not, others like to associate with the experts in any sector. Patients and customers feel good about doing business with those that are celebrated by their peers. If your strategy is to be the best-kept secret in your business community, you will be missing a valuable opportunity.
- Have fun. Being in business should be rewarding and fun. All work and no play can get old fast. The SightCare conference can add a layer of enjoyment for you and your practice team by mixing a social aspect into your learning and practice team building efforts. The SightCare conference has fun activities such as our Members’ Workshop and Social Evening on the first day of the 2 day event. Taking an extra day at the SightCare conference and bringing your team is also a great way to maximize the investment in time and travel. Never underestimate the power of a little fun mixed with some interesting people!
Many falsely believe that since they can now access industry information via the Internet that the days of the live meeting are gone. The truth is, meetings are more important than ever. The value in meetings comes from the human-to-human connections that occur. Often people cite the serendipitous “hallway conversations” that they have with other attendees as the most valuable parts of attending an event. While these are not on the agenda, or mentioned in the breakout sessions learning objectives, when two or more people begin to discuss topics on a deeper and personal level, the success of the event to those involved becomes irreplaceable. It is the people that bring the ROI to your time at the SightCare conference.
So there is no time like the present to book your, and your teams’, place at this year’s SightCare Business & Networking Conference for Independent Opticians.
It only takes a minute for you to select your choice of break-out sessions and to let us know you are coming.
Everyone in the SightCare community looks forward to seeing you on 15th& 16th September.
To book, please click HERE