- This event has passed.
The World of Optics – London
This fun interactive day is aimed at optical assistants who want to be more confident understanding the world of optics such as basic refractive conditions, how the eye works and the different lens options used in patients prescriptions.
Whether you are new to optics or just want a refresher, this development day is aimed at ensuring you are confident and knowledgeable when interacting with patients. Everyone who has attended this course has taken away new found ‘confidence’ so they can deal with those awkward questions that patients sometimes ask.
- Learn how the eye works
- Know the different lens options used in a patient’s prescription
- Understand the anatomy of the eye
- Learn the benefits of different eye correction solutions
- Gain confidence in talking in optical terminology
- Gain an understanding of the anatomy of the eye
- Understand why people need vision correction
- Easily understand refractive conditions
- Understand the different stages of the eye exam
- Be able to explain prescriptions and measurements
- Learn about the different lens materials/types and their benefits
- Understand how to provide exceptional customer care
- Gain a general overview of Contact Lenses
- Gain an awareness of Health and safety in your practice