Social Media FAQ
Here are the answers to your commonly asked social media questions:
How do I become a SightCare Practice of the Week?
Sign up to be included on SightCare Connect. SightCare Connect is a list of our member practices who have opted in to be included on a social media list so that others can like and follow their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram business accounts easily. To sign up, simply email your profile details to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I improve engagement on social media?
There are many ways you can increase engagement on social media, but here are some quick ideas:
- Run competitions in which people tag or share your post to enter
- Invite your friends to follow and like your pages and ask them to comment or react!
- Work with other community businesses – for example share photos of flowers at your practice from a local florist and ask them to share it to their account
- Comment as your business on other community pages
- Pay for adverts or sponsored posts
- Work with local influencers
Can I have an image with my own opening times on?
Did you know that on our social media dashboard, it allows you to create your own images using a range of templates? You can sign up to our dashboard here.
Is it worth having a social media page for each practice we have?
I would say yes because you can target your local community this way – you can save time by posting to more than one account at a time easily using our social media dashboard.
How can I save time with social media?
There are many ways to save time with social media:
- Use the images and posts written for you and sent in SightCare Social each week
- Use our social media dashboard to schedule posts across multiple channels in one go
- Assign a member of staff to be in charge of social media enquiries (perhaps a trained receptionist if you do not have the budget for a social media marketer)
- Designate a certain time each day to check the social media accounts