How to Increase Engagement on Facebook
Building engagement on Facebook is crucial to social media success. The more people engage with you, the more they’ll see your content – and of course the more they see your content, the more your messages are recognised in their brain.
So what do we mean by engagement?
- Likes and other reaction buttons
- Clicking on links
- Clicking on pictures
- Saving your post
- Watching videos
- Tagging friends
- Sharing the post to their story as well as page
- Reposting in groups
- Liking your page off the back of seeing your post on their newsfeed
- Clicking through to your profile
How do I increase engagement on Facebook?
Here are our bitesize and easy tips for increasing engagement on Facebook:
- Ask questions in your posts – this increases comments and discussion
- Include a poll – the votes will rack up your statistics and you can find out more about your following!
- Always include images or videos with your posts – this visually takes up more of the screen and people spend longer looking at posts with images
- Have teaser headlines that make people want to click your article or link – think like a newspaper!
- Run competitions so that people tag and reshare your post
- Share your posts on local community groups and pages so that more people see it
- Post regularly – use your SightCare Social member benefit to access social media material for 5 days of the week
- Have videos that are more than 3 minutes long – Facebook makes these more visible
- Have ‘watch parties’ or video ‘premieres’ when uploading videos to Facebook to increase engagement
- Create articles that people want to refer back to – this generates ‘saves’
- Share good news – people like to hear about marriages, engagements, babies, retirements, achievements…these all get high levels of engagements!
- Like, love and react to your own posts – and encourage staff, family and friends too as well – Facebook will then think your page is interesting and show you to everybody more often
- Use the shock factor – people click on things that shock them
- Use the educational factor – intrigue people to get them clicking
- Comment on local business pages – they may comment back on yours!
- Tag people and businesses – they may reshare it
What are your favourite engagement tips?