Tips for Celebrating Your Business Anniversary
If you have a corporate anniversary coming up it’s never too early to get started with the planning process – have a look at the ideas we have compiled below and see what you can use in your practice. Remember – it’s only worth doing if you tell everyone about it!
- History– The lead-up to an anniversary is a great time to collect your practice’s historical treasures from over the years – glasses, newsletters, photos, old brochures and campaigns etc and catalogue to create a historical display– showcasing highlights from your company’s history and celebrating where you’ve been and how far you’ve come. Create an interactive timeline. The timeline could then form part of your website.
- Logo: Create a special anniversary logo (and tagline). Add it to all your communication channels (practice stationery, signage, newsletters, brochures etc)
- Survey – create a survey to send to your past and current clients asking them to share memorable stories. Interview some of your first or longstanding employees. Then share what you’ve gathered!
- Dedicated Webpage: create a dedicated website or webpage. Share or link it on your homepage of your website. The dedicated site could contain historical information, trivia contest, interviews, competitions, videos, timeline and what you are doing to celebrate the milestone
- Promotional Email signature – create a bespoke email signature for all staff with your anniversary logo/tagline and a link to your anniversary webpage
- Video: Produce a video that tells your story and talks about your values, highlights from your years in business, special moments or stories, and what makes you different, followed by the direction you want the organisation to go from here. Then share it with everyone!
- Sponsorship/Donation: Celebrate your anniversary by sponsoring a local or industry event. Connect your anniversary with a charity or not-for-profit that you care about and do something relevant and newsworthy to gain publicity.
- Sale or Promotion: Invite your clients and prospects to celebrate with you by having a sale or competition connected to your anniversary e.g 10%/£10 off for 10 years etc. Link a QR code to a promotional e-shot or webpage.
- Celebration: Order treats for your employees.
- Create some excitement.To create excitement about this milestone, develop fun and engaging quiz questions accompanied by prizes for clients.
- Ask employees and clients for their best memory of an experience at the practice for a prize. Create some short two-minute videos with retired and current employees talking about what it means to them to work for a firm that has withstood the test of time and keeps innovating. Share on social media and your website.
- Send an e-card announcing the anniversary and thanking employees, prospects, clients and suppliers for their support over the years
- Time capsule: Employees can be asked to write memories and notes for future employees
- Window display: Have a dedicated anniversary window display to celebrate the anniversary period and decorate the practice
- Plant a tree: As an environmentally friendly gesture to commemorate the occasion, plant a tree to celebrate the event and mark the occasion
- Promotional Merchandise: Order personalised mugs, pens, t-shirts, bags with a company logo and a celebration tagline to promote the anniversary.
- Share, share share on Social media! Announcing the anniversary and the celebration pictures on social media like LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter, will help spread the news to masses. Celebrate the anniversary on social media. Use all the content that you have devised to celebrate your anniversary and share it as far and wide as you can.
- Public Relations: Send out a news releases to digital media as well as newspapers and trade publications of all the events and activities that you have planned highlighting your organisation’s milestone.