- This event has passed.
Become an Independent Optician Masterclass
May 21 @ 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
SightCare Masterclass in partnership with ABDO
Would you like to own your own practice? The Association of British Dispensing Opticians (ABDO) is running a Become an independent optician twilight session to help you find out more about what it really means to run your own business.
At the event you will hear from independent practice owners about the key to business success, network and share ideas, and discover the great support available to you as an independent from organisations including:
- The AIO Practice Support Network:
- Association for Independent Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians
- National Eyecare Group
- Myers La Roche
- Specs Network
Clive Marchant, ABDO President, will share his experience of becoming an independent practice owner plus David Samuel and John French will share their experiences of supporting independent practice owners. They will help answer some of the key questions all entrepreneurial eyecare practitioners should consider including:
- Why might you consider owning your own business?
- What are the benefits/advantages of running your own practice?
- What challenges might you have to overcome to become an independent practice owner?
- How do you go about acquiring your first practice?
- What are the key skills and competencies required of an independent practice owner?
The event is open to dispensing opticians and optometrists.
Please note this is not a CET event.