SightCare Training Course – Confident Optical Assistants
Confident and Knowledgeable Optical Assistants – Special 2-Day Event
This fun interactive training session spread over two days aims to develop optical assistants who want to become more confident and knowledgeable in a patient-facing situation. As well as a general understanding of the world of optics, delegates will be introduced to basic dispensing and frame fitting techniques, enabling fantastic customer service.
- Know the different lens options used in a patient’s prescription
- Understand the anatomy of the eye
- Learn the benefits of different eye correction solutions
- Gain confidence in talking in optical terminology
- Easily understand refractive conditions
- Understand the different stages of the eye exam
- Be able to explain prescriptions and measurements
- Learn about the different lens materials/types and their benefits
- Understand how to provide exceptional customer care
- Gain an overview of selling and dispensing techniques
- Understand the different stages of the sales cycle
- Understand the features and benefits of different sizes of frames and lenses
- Confidently be able to explain and sell additional options such as tints and coatings
- Learn how to take measurements required for all lens types
- Gain confidence discussing pricing options and closing the sale
- Perform adjustments confidently at any point during the patient journey
- Understand and handle different frame materials
- Learn how to fit frames to different face shapes
- Be able to re-insert different lens types
- Explore the optical tools and understand what they are used for
- Learn how to hold the frames correctly before adjusting
- Be able to undertake general adjustments and setting the frame up for a patient
- Know how to reduce the length of temple sides for each patient
Who should attend?
- Optical assistants
- New staff members
- Existing staff who would like a refresher
So, what’s included?
Your investment includes a course booklet which is completed over the duration of the event. Lunch, refreshments and all the necessary support materials are also provided.
Sight Care members – £360.00 plus vat