SightCare Training Course – World of Optics
The World of Optics
Whether you are new to optics or just want a refresher, this development day is aimed at ensuring you are confident and knowledgeable when interacting with patients. Everyone who has attended this course has taken away new found ‘confidence’ so they can deal with those awkward questions that patients sometimes ask.
- Learn how the eye works
- Know the different lens options used in a patient’s prescription
- Understand the anatomy of the eye
- Learn the benefits of different eye correction solutions
- Gain confidence in talking in optical terminology
- Gain an understanding of the anatomy of the eye
- Understand why people need vision correction
- Easily understand refractive conditions
- Understand the different stages of the eye exam
- Be able to explain prescriptions and measurements
- Learn about the different lens materials/types and their benefits
- Understand how to provide exceptional customer care
- Gain a general overview of Contact Lenses
- Gain an awareness of Health and safety in your practice
Who should attend?
- Optical assistants
- New staff members
- Existing staff who would like a refresher
So, what’s included?
Your investment includes a ‘World of Optics’ booklet which is completed during the day and covers explanations of optical jargon and terminology. Lunch, refreshments and all the necessary support materials are also provided.
Sight Care members – £225.00 plus vat
Non members – £325.00 plus vat