- This event has passed.
Frame fitting and adjustments – Scotland
As a receptionist/optical assistant, how confident are you at adjusting a patients frame when in front of them? Remove the fear of frame fitting and adjusting!
This all day hands-on adjustments course will provide you with the skills and confidence to perform adjustments on patient’s spectacles whether it is during the collection process or if they have come back after sitting on them (although they never admit it)!
You will learn about the different frame materials and why they handle differently when they need to be fitted to different face shapes along with how to fit frames for a developing child whose facial anatomy is changing as they mature.
- Perform adjustments confidently at any point during the patient journey
- Understand and handle different frame materials
- Learn how to fit frames to different face shapes
- Know how to fit frames for a growing child
- Perform nose pad alignments
- Be able to re-thread nylon cords
- Understand how to adjust rimless frames
- Be able to re-insert different lens types
- Explore the optical tools and understand what they are used for
- Learn how to hold the frames correctly before adjusting
- Be able to undertake general adjustments and setting the frame up for a patient
- Know how to reduce the length of temple sides for each patient
Who should attend?
- optical assistants
- dispensing opticians
Sight Care members – £225.00 plus vat
Non members – £285.00 plus vat
So, what’s included?
Comprehensive workbook, lunch, refreshments and all the necessary support materials